Mr Mangattil Rajesh is recently appointed as Consultant Spine Surgeon at Barts Health NHS Trust. He is bright and vibrant and has the care and wellbeing of his patients at the heart of everything he does. He has extensive training in Spine Surgery from his surgical training in London and 3 Spinal Fellowships at Manchester, North Tees and Royal London. He is also trained in Endoscopic Spine surgery at Bagatel Endocopic Centre, Bordeaux, France.
Mr Mangattil Rajesh
MBBS FRCS(Genl) MCh(Orth) FRCS(Orth) MBA
Mr Rajesh was awarded MCh degree for his original work on the “Biomechanical analysis of the stabilisation properties of the Halder Humeral Nail” done under Professor Angus Wallace, Queens Medical Centre, Nottingham. He won the Innovator award for his unique and simple ‘Torque Testing Rig’ that translated rotatory moments to linear measurements. He has completed a prospective randomised controlled trial comparing NuNec vs Prestige Artificial Cervical Disc Replacement.
He has a Master degree in Business Entrepreneurship and Management and is a successful surgeon and an entrepreneur. He brings his skills both as an entrepreneur and a surgeon to the care of his patients. He is obsessed on the quality of care delivered to his patients and offers them at a great and exceptional value. His Healthcare initiative ‘Nexus Ortho’ was very successful in delivering quality care for patients, teaching and training young surgeons in India.
Mr Rajesh’s main focus lies in a conservative multi-disciplinary approach, empowerment of his patients, giving them the care and responsibility in the management of their condition.
He has developed treatment and management algorithms in Low back pain that is effective in the holistic care of his patients. He is constantly innovating virtual patient care models to improve patient outcomes in spine care.
He considers surgery as the last resort after carefully considering all the conservative options. If surgery appears to be necessary, he is a skilful practitioner of Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS) and firmly believes in believes in minimal tissue dissection, faster recovery and early return to normal activities of daily living.
His other main interests are Robotics, Machine Learning and Next-Gen Conversational AI.
- MCh (Orthopaedics)
- FRCS (General Surgery)
- MBA (Business Entrepreneurship)
- FRCS (Trauma &Orthopaedic Surgery)
- More than 10 years of experience in Orthopaedic Surgery
- Consultant Spine Surgeon (The Royal London Hospital, Whitechapel, London)
- Consultant Spine Surgeon (Newham University Hospital)
- Consultant Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgeon (Whipps Cross Hospital)
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Robotic Spine Surgery
- MCh degree for research in Biomechanics for the work “Biomechanical Analysis of the Stabilisation properties of the Halder Humeral Nail” under Professor Angus Wallace, Queens Medical Centre, Nottingham.
- Travelling Spine Fellowship by Imperial College, London.